Juuri Partners invests in Finnish social and health care information system provider Mediconsult. Mediconsult’s flagship software product Mediconsult Saga® offers a holistic platform for social and health care process digitalization.
‚Deals in Europe‘
Private Equity Investments in Europe
- 14-daily publication with ALL Private Equity Deals in Europe
- With every ‚Deals in Europe‘ issue you will receive an update of ALL deals from the respective year as an Excel file
- Detailed information of target, investors, buyer, seller and advisors
Juuri Partners invests in Finnish social and health care information system provider Mediconsult Ltd. In the past few years, Mediconsult has focused in developing its modular Mediconsult Saga® information system offering to cover the entire patient care process from social services to health care operations, while it has continued its stable and profitable growth. With its new product offering and the support of Juuri Partners, the company now wants to take a growth leap and to bring improved efficiency across the Finnish social and health care sector all the way from small clinics to large districts.
Investments into a new holistic and modular platform has been a deliberate strategic choice for the company. The Finnish social and health care environment is at the verge of transformation: administrative and regulatory environment is changing and expectations for digital tools and services increasing. Currently used patient information systems are reaching the end of their lifecycle. At the same time, workflows with patient information should become more seamless between different services.
– I believe that modular information systems are part of the solution for securing the sustainability of the Finnish social and health care. Mediconsult Saga® represents modern, easy-to-implement, platform thinking. Maybe the era of mega-projects is over, reflects Anita Ojala, Partner at Juuri Partners.
During its 45 years of operation and due to its long-standing customer relationships, Mediconsult has gained extensive expertise on the Finnish social and health care environment. Currently the company has more than 1,500 customers from small private clinics to municipality consortiums. Mediconsult has been audited for the Finnish Kanta-services and its R&D operations are directed by the national standards of the relevant authorities.
– Our strength has always been our customer orientation and expertise regarding the operational and regulatory context in Finland. For our customers this means direct benefits in operations. When a system has been originally designed for the needs of Finnish social and health care, there is no need for expensive and time-consuming localizations. Modularity also provides for easy configurations, whether the customer is a small clinic or a nationwide service provider, tells Tommi Salaspuro, CEO of Mediconsult Oy.
With the announced investment, Juuri will become a minority owner of the company, while the current management remains as majority owner.
Juuri Partners Oy
Juuri Partners’ 10-person team manages a total of over EUR 200 million through Juuri Fund I Ky and Juuri Fund II Ky private equity investment funds. These funds offer equity and debt financing for established and profitable small and medium-sized enterprises in Finland. Juuri Partners offers growth-oriented companies a novel concept of financing and business development that combines active ownership, business support and debt financing. The funds’ investor base consists of both Finnish and international institutional investors. www.juuripartners.com
Mediconsult is a Finnish social and health care information system provider, established 1975. Its core expertise covers solutions for the entire patient flow for both professionals in their daily work as well as for patients for efficient remote services. Mediconsult operates from Helsinki, Salo, Kuopio, Joensuu, Oulu and Sri Lanka and employs more than 150 experts. Mediconsult and all its products and services have been certified in compliance with the ISO 13485:2016 standard and audited for Kanta-integration. Its solutions have the CE marking in accordance with the directive on medical equipment. www.mediconsult.fi/en