This deal represents the largest managed hosting deal in Europe to date and Raymond James’ third successful hosting deal in the last 12 months involving market leaders in Belgium, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands
• PlusServer is a leading Managed Hosting provider in Germany
• PlusServer was acquired by GoDaddy through the Host Europe Group transaction, which closed earlier this year
• Raymond James acted as financial advisor to BC Partners
• The sale of PlusServer is in line with GoDaddy’s strategy to focus on its core domain and web hosting business
• BC Partners will help PlusServer to continue its organic as well as inorganic growth strategy
• The European managed hosting market is highly fragmented, which provides an excellent basis for continued, value accretive M&A
• Market leaders benefit from key trends: mobile, data security, increasing data volumes and cloud based application management
• Continued strong interest from Private Equity due to attractive industry characteristics
o Double-digit growth
o High and stable margins
o High cash conversion
o Very robust sector with no cyclicality and customer dependency
RAYMOND JAMES TECHNOLOGY & SERVICES PRACTICE
• Raymond James is a leading global Technology & Services M&A advisor
• In the last twelve months we have closed more than 70 Technology & Services transactions
• More than 60 Technology & Services bankers across offices in North America and Europe
• Deep sector expertise in Network, Data Center, Hosting and Cloud Services
PlusServer is a market leader for Managed Hosting in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Based on a comprehensive product portfolio, which is optimised for the needs of SMEs and large companies, PlusServer develops individual hosting and cloud solutions. In ten data centres with the highest security standards, seven of which are located in Germany, PlusServer currently hosts over 4,000 corporate clients from 52 countries. PlusServer has created both special hosting solutions for online shop systems such as Intershop or Magento, as well as flexible, cloud-based outsourcing solutions. Clients such as Zalando, Bayer, Lufthansa City Center, REWE or DB testify to the high quality and variety of technical solutions. For more information, please visit www.plusserver.com.
GoDaddy powers the world’s largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 71 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
About BC Partners
BC Partners is a leading international private equity firm with €18 billion of assets under management. Established in 1986, BC Partners has played an active role in developing the European buy-out market for nearly three decades. BC Partners executives operate as an integrated team through the firm’s offices in Europe and North America, acquiring and developing businesses to create value in partnership with management. Since inception, BC Partners has completed 95 investments in companies with a total enterprise value of €118 billion and is currently investing its 10th private equity fund. For more information, please visit www.bcpartners.com.
About Raymond James Investment Banking
Raymond James offers one of the most highly regarded equity offering and advisory practices. Since 2013, we have participated in raising nearly $300 billion in capital for our corporate clients. During this same time, we completed more than 350 advisory assignments, including more than 300 M&A buy-side or sell-side advisory assignments. Raymond James was recently named „Investment Banking Firm of the Year“ by The M&A Advisor and „Investment Bank of the Year“ by Global M&A Network. Put the expertise, quality and experience of Raymond James to work for you. For more information, please visit www.raymondjames.com.