Raymond James Advises FLS
- The shareholders of FLS GmbH („FLS“ or the „Company“) have agreed to sell a majority stake to Deutsche Beteiligungs AG („DBAG), a listed private equity firm focused on the German „Mittelstand“
- FLS is a leading field service management („FSM“) software vendor with a strong competitive and technological edge in real-time route optimization and scheduling through its proprietary PowerOpt algorithm
- The Company serves its broad customer portfolio spanning from blue chip to medium-sized companies on a global basis a variety of industries. Customers include e.g. Allianz, Royal Mail, Jungheinrich, EnBW, Sky, BSH, and REWE.
- Through the implemantation of the FLS solutions, clients are able to i.e. significantly reduce travel costs (>50%), improve productivity of its field force and technicians (>70%), and decrease lead times (>40%)
- FLS employs ~90 people in Germany and internationally
- Raymond James acted as exclusive financial advisor to the shareholders of FLS
- Together with DBAG, FLS now embarks on the next phase of their growth trajectory by further expanding its technological leadership position as well as entering into other geographical regions and customer segments
- The future strategy is driven by organic value-creation initiatives (e.g. ramp-up of salesforce, set-up of an international partner program) as well as well-defined add-on acquisitions
Raymond James Tech & Services Investment Banking
- Raymond James is a leading global Technology & Services M&A advisor
- In the last twelve months we have closed more than 70 Technology & Services transactions
- More than 70 Technology & Services bankers across offices in North America and Europe
- Deep sector expertise in Human Capital Management software and services with an experienced and dedicated team of >20 investment bankers located in Munich, London, Atlanta and Boston
FAST LEAN SMART (FLS) is a leading provider of real-time software for complex planning tasks, route planning, and appointment scheduling in field service managment, e-commerce, and logistics. FLS serves more than 150 customers from industries such as TMT, financial services, real estate and e-commerce. Based on more than 10 years of mathematical research, FLS developed a strong technological edge around the quality and unrivaled response time (<0.1s) of its heuristic planning algorithm called PowerOpt. It allows for non-deterministic polynomial time, domino effects, and real-time optimization. In addition, FLS has paramount technology capabilities that allow for real-time processing of raw data through its proprietary PowerOpt model. For more information, please visit: http://www.fastleansmart.com.
Deutsche Beteiligungs AG is a listed private equity company. We initiate closed-end private equity funds which enable institutional investors to invest in the equity or equity-like instruments of unlisted companies. That means DBAG identifies, analyses and structures investment opportunities. We negotiate investment agreements, support the portfolio companies during the time of our investment and shape the disinvestment process. Employing our proprietary capital, we co-invest alongside these DBAG. For more information, please visit: http://www.dbag.de.
About Raymond James Investment Banking
Raymond James offers one of the most highly regarded equity offering and advisory practices. Since 2013, we have participated in raising nearly $300 billion in capital for our corporate clients. During this same time, we completed more than 710 advisory assignments including more than 605 M&A buy-side or sell-side advisory assignments. In 2016 Raymond James was named „Investment Banking Firm of the Year“ by The M&A Advisor and recently „Investment Bank of the Year“ by Global M&A Network. For more information, please visit: http://www.raymondjames.com/ib.