Raymond James advises it-economics on its sale to Sopra Steria
This deal represents Raymond James’ 15th transaction in the IT Consulting & Solutions sector since 2017.
- The shareholders of it-economics (or the Company) have agreed to sell 100% of the share capital in the Company to Sopra Steria (Euronext Paris: SOP), a European leader in digital transformation
- it-economics is an award winning 360° powerhouse when it comes to providing state of the art technology consulting and software development solutions to large enterprise accounts in the financial services and utilities industries
- The Company specializes in digital transformation, agile-development and -coaching, cloud services as well as the management of complex large scale enterprise IT projects
- it-economics grows double-digit organically, generated revenues of €20 million in 2017 and has 150 employees across Germany, Switzerland and Bulgaria
- The management team of it-economics will remain on board
- The acquisition will bolster Sopra Steria’s strong position in Germany by enriching its end-to-end capabilities in consulting and software development
- it-economics‘ customer base is highly complementary with Sopra Steria’s client portfolio
- Raymond James acted as exclusive M&A advisor to the shareholders of it-economics
- The acquisition is subject to regulatory approvals
RAYMOND JAMES TECHNOLOGY & SERVICES INVESTMENT BANKING
- Raymond James is a leading global Technology & Services M&A advisor
- In the last twelve months we have closed more than 70 Technology & Services transactions
- More than 60 Technology & Services bankers across offices in North America and Europe
- Deep sector expertise in IT Consulting and Solutions with an experienced and dedicated team of 15 investment bankers located in Munich, London, Atlanta and Washington, DC
it-economics is an IT consulting and software development company with deep expertise in the banking and insurance verticals. The Company is headquartered in Munich with branch offices in Frankfurt, Karlsruhe, Duesseldorf, Muenster, Bonn and Hamburg in Germany, Zurich in Switzerland and a near-shoring center in Sofia, Bulgaria. it-economics operates through four core value streams, namely project management, agile development, digitalization and cloud. it-economics was founded in 2003 and established itself as the trusted technology advisor for enterprise accounts in the financial services and utilities sectors. For more information, please visit www.it-economics.de.
About Sopra Steria
Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of offerings on the market, spanning consulting, systems integration, industry-specific solutions, infrastructure management and business process services. It provides end-to-end solutions to address the core business needs of large companies and organizations, helping them remain competitive and grow. Combining added value with innovative high-performance services, Sopra Steria excels in guiding its clients through their transformation projects to help them make the most of digital technology. With 42,000 employees in more than 20 countries, Sopra Steria generated revenue of €3.8 billion in 2017. Sopra Steria (SOP) is listed on Euronext Paris (Compartment A) – ISIN: FR0000050809. For more information, please visit: www.soprasteria.com.
About Raymond James Investment Banking
Raymond James offers one of the most highly regarded equity offering and advisory practices. Since 2013, we have participated in raising nearly $360 billion in capital for our corporate clients. During this same time, we completed more than 500 advisory assignments, including more than 400 M&A buy-side or sell-side advisory assignments. Raymond James was recently named „Investment Banking Firm of the Year“ by The M&A Advisor and „Investment Bank of the Year“ by Global M&A Network. Put the quality and experience of Raymond James to work for you. For more information, please visit www.raymondjames.com.