Raymond James advises Schäfer-Oesterle on the sale to Groupe GMD
- Raymond James exclusively advised the insolvency administrator of Schäfer-Oesterle, Mr. Joachim Exner, Dr. Beck & Partner, on this transaction
- Germany-based Schäfer-Oesterle is a leading manufacturer of premium surfaces for automotive interiors with a focus on high-quality laminating specialized in leather and synthetic leather
- Positioned as Tier-1 supplier for leading international premium OEMs with core competency in small volumes (custom tailored/individualized solutions) complemented by a continuously growing serial parts business
- Schäfer-Oesterle employs 600 people at three locations in Germany and Hungary and generates revenues of €50 million
- After Schäfer-Oesterle won a number of notable new orders, the Company experienced financial difficulties due to high pre-financing needs. As a result, the Company filed for insolvency
- With the successful acquisition of Schäfer-Oesterle, GMD expands its portfolio with premium leather interior parts, gains deep leather know-how and enters the German market
- A satisfying outcome for all stakeholders was achieved – all employees were taken over, 27 SOPs were successfully managed during the insolvency period and the production never stopped
Raymond James Diversified Industrials Investment Banking
- Raymond James is a leading global M&A advisor for Industrials transactions
- In the last twelve months we have closed more than 40 Industrials transactions
- More than 60 Industrials bankers across offices in North America and Europe
- Deep sector expertise in automotive interiors and exteriors as well as special situations
Schäfer-Oesterle is a leading manufacturer of premium surfaces for automotive interiors with a focus on high-quality laminating specialized in leather and synthetic leather. With 600 employees at three locations in Germany and Hungary, it serves the growing segment of premium vehicles. The product portfolio includes custom tailored and individualized solutions as well as serial parts for renowned OEMs. For more information, please visit www.schaefer-oesterle.de.
About Groupe GMD
The Groupe GMD manufactures aluminum die casting, stamping, rubber seals and plastic interior/exterior parts for well-known OEMs and is one of the largest French Tier-1 suppliers for the automotive industry. The group which has plants worldwide has generated €800 million in revenues in 2017 and employs over 4,500 people. For more information, please visit www.groupe.gmd.eu or www.eurostyle-systems.com.
About Dr. Beck & Partner
Founded in 1998 by Dr. Siegfried Beck, the partnership is one of the leading law firms in Germany working exclusively in the field of insolvency administration and insolvency law today. 8 insolvency administrators and more than 150 employees are in charge of local, nationwide and international insolvency proceedings. For more information, please visit www.ra-dr-beck.de.
About Raymond James Investment Banking
Raymond James offers one of the most highly regarded equity offering and advisory practices. Since 2015, we have participated in raising nearly $140 billion in capital for our corporate clients and completed more than 450 advisory assignments, including more than 390 M&A buy-side or sell-side advisory assignments. Raymond James was also named „Investment Banking Firm of the Year“ by The M&A Advisor in 2016. Put the expertise, quality and experience of Raymond James to work for you. For more information, please visit www.raymondjames.com.