Raymond James advises SOCOTEC on the acquisition of Schollenberger
- The French SOCOTEC Group, backed by Cobepa and Five Arrows Principal Investments, acquired the German Schollenberger Group, a portfolio company of Finatem
- SOCOTEC Group is one of the leading European service providers in the field of testing, inspection and certification (TIC) for construction and infrastructure projects; the company generates €700 million in revenues and operates in 25 countries with 7,400 employees
- Schollenberger Group is the German and Austrian market leader in ground investigation services for ordnance detection; the company generates about €40 million in revenues and employs 400 people in Germany and Austria
- Raymond James acted as exclusive financial advisor to SOCOTEC
- This is our 3rd successful transaction with French involvement in the European industrials sector in the last 12 months
- Schollenberger Group was acquired by Finatem and the managing directors of Schollenberger Group in 2016 as part of a management buy-out of the Celler Brunnenbau Group
- Since 2016, Schollenberger has developed into a clear market leader in the field of explosive ordnance recovery
- With the acquisition of Schollenberger, SOCOTEC becomes one of the largest German TIC players in the building, real estate and infrastructure markets with 800 employees generating more than €80 million in revenues
Raymond James Diversified Industrials Investment Banking
- Raymond James is a leading global M&A advisor for Diversified Industrials transactions
- In the last twelve months we have closed more than 40 Industrials transactions
- More than 60 Industrials bankers across offices in North America and Europe
The SOCOTEC Group is France’s No. 1 in building control and a major player in TIC (Testing, Inspection, Certification) for the construction and infrastructure sectors. The company generates €700 million in revenues (33% outside France) with 200,000 clients. It has operations in 25 countries, 7,400 employees and over 250 forms of external recognition. In France, SOCOTEC’s network of 150 locations covers the entire country and includes 32 training centers. For more information, please visit www.socotec.com.
Founded in 1998, the German Schollenberger Group is a service provider for explosive ordnance on land and water. The company’s expertise and experience is in explosive ordnance detection, depth sounding, surface probing, soil sieving, and water probing. In total, Schollenberger will generate about €40 million revenue in 2018. The company has a total workforce of currently 400 employees located in 10 offices in Germany and Austria. For more information, please visit www.schollenberger.com.
About Raymond James Investment Banking
Raymond James offers one of the most highly regarded equity offering and advisory practices. Since 2015, we have participated in raising nearly $140 billion in capital for our corporate clients. During this same time, we completed more than 450 advisory assignments including more than 390 M&A buy-side or sell-side advisory assignments. In 2016 Raymond James was named „Investment Banking Firm of the Year“ by The M&A Advisor and recently „Investment Bank of the Year“ by Global M&A Network. For more information, please visit www.raymondjames.com.