Raymond James advises the shareholder of MEA on the sale to Adcuram
- Germany-based MEA Group (“MEA” or “Company”) is a leading, independent provider of building materials in the areas of building systems, water management solutions and metal applications
- Through its very strong brand, MEA has built a market leading position and is supplying a wide array of products to its vast customer base
- Having completed a series of lighthouse projects, the Company is a trusted partner for a renowned international customer base and caters to all major building product wholesalers in the relevant markets
- MEA employs ~700 people in Germany and internationally and generates revenues in excess of €100 million
- Raymond James acted as exclusive financial advisor to the shareholder of MEA
- The deal is subject to regulatory approval
- Leveraging its expertise in the building materials sector from prior engagements, Germany-based financial investor Adcuram Group AG (“Adcuram”) acquired the Company as part of its investment strategy to actively grow MEA by utilizing its operational and market knowledge
- Being one of few building materials companies in Germany of significant scale, MEA represented a unique opportunity to invest in a market leader as a basis for further growth and consolidation of a fragmented market
- As a profitable company with stable growth and strong cash conversion, MEA generated continued strong interest from numerous buyers with experience in the building materials sector
RAYMOND JAMES INDUSTRIALS INVESTMENT BANKING
- Raymond James is a leading global M&A advisor for Industrials transactions
- In the last eighteen months we have closed more than 30 Industrials transactions
- More than 25 Industrials bankers across offices in North America and Europe
About MEA Group
The MEA Group is an international group of companies with over 130 years of experience in the market, worldwide activities and production sites in France, the Czech Republic, Romania and China. Innovative products and solutions make the MEA Group one of the leading suppliers to the construction industry. MEA offers its customers a wide range of products for the application areas of cellar construction and drainage as well as a comprehensive range of gratings. The motto: „BUILDING SUCCESS“. MEA solutions make the work of construction professionals easier, faster and safer, and help them achieve real productivity gains.
About Adcuram Group
Adcuram Group is a privately owned industrial group. Adcuram acquires companies with potential and develops them further – actively and sustainably. The financially strong industrial holding company has a total of €300 million available for new acquisitions. With its own team of 40 experts, the industrial holding company enhances its subsidiaries from a strategic and operational perspective. Together with six subsidiaries and around 2,500 staff, the Group generates global revenues of €600 Million. Adcuram considers itself an entrepreneurial investor. Adcuram invests in succession schemes and conglomerate spin-offs, and is a pragmatic partner for medium-sized businesses and conglomerates.
About Raymond James Investment Banking
Raymond James Investment Banking offers highly regarded capital formation and financial advisory services. Since 2013, we have participated in raising $300 billion in capital for our corporate clients and completed more than 710 advisory assignments, including more than 605 M&A buy-side or sell-side advisory assignments. Raymond James was also recently named „Investment Banking Firm of the Year“ by The M&A Advisor in 2016. Put the expertise, quality and experience of Raymond James to work for you. For more information, please visit www.raymondjames.com.