- J.F. Müller & Sohn AG wird Gesellschafter bei der StoryDOCKS GmbH
- MRH Trowe Gruppe erwirbt Frischleder Versicherungsmakler GmbH
- Xella übernimmt Macon Gruppe
- Franz Haniel & Cie. GmbH hat Optimar von Finanzinvestor Credo Partners übernommen
- red-stars.com data AG erwirbt 50 Prozent der Geschäftsanteile der Freeeway GmbH
- ZEISS Gruppe beteiligt sich mehrheitlich am italienischen Anbieter von Lösungen für industrielle Röntgensysteme BOSELLO
ÜberResearch GmbH erhält Venture Capital von Digital Science
ÜberResearch, a technology company focused on providing data-led intelligence to providers of scientific research funding, has secured investment from Digital Science, a global software company headquartered in London and operated by Macmillan Science & Education.
The investment capital will be used to accelerate development of its cloud-based grants solution and to open offices in the UK and the US. Headquartered in Cologne, ÜberResearch was launched by former founding executives of Collexis, a developer of semantic technology and knowledge discovery software, acquired by Elsevier in 2010. The first ÜberResearch prototype launched in August 2013 to their ten development partners and the first beta release of the platform is scheduled for late 2013.
ÜberResearch will provide funders, large and small, with all the tools and data they need to award, manage, analyse and report on the funding of scientific research. The platform will also facilitate the secure sharing of awarded grant data amongst participants. By analysing other grants awarded around the world, it will ensure that funders are not duplicating the efforts of other institutions and will suggest opportunities for collaboration on complementary projects.